What I love about Autumn



I love fall. When the leaves change colour, bright yellow, auburn, purple. A colourful sea of different colours, the sound of it crunching as you go for a walk in the evening with a loving friend talking about hopes and dreams and all the things you’re excited about. I love the thought of coming home after to make tea so you can warm your cold hands, to bring the cup to your face and feel it warm your cheeks, to drink it slowly as you spend the night watching a movie with the fam. Just the warm company of family and friends. Laughing so hard you’re face and stomach begin to ache. Enjoying every moment of those long nights. Falling asleep on each others shoulders..


I love going for long walks in the depths of nights, laying in the grass, looking up at the stars, sharing thoughts about life and love, gushing about our latest obsessions. Just contemplating. Reflecting. Seeing the fragility of this blessing we’ve been given of life. Appreciating the ones we're with, our friendships, our loved ones, sharing the same bond of blood and brotherhood.


I love waking up on those chilly autumn mornings, grabbing a sweater, warming up to a toasty breakfast, looking out the window to see the streets filled with leaves, yellow, orange, all crisp, falling from the now bare trees. I love watching and enjoying the late sunrise, appreciating it’s beautiful ray of colours, brightening up the sky, being awake before anyone else. Having the whole house to yourself, using those early mornings to catch up on some reading, or prepping for the day.


I love grabbing a coffee with a friend, talking, laughing, catching up, shopping for all those fall items. I love the fall look, emphasizing the darks, dark lipstick, dark nail polish, cozy sweaters, scarves. Bringing life to your moods and wardrobe. Whatever comforts the eyes, soul and body.


I love being shown the most perfect leaf, and me taking it graciously as a gift, hoping to preserve it. I love admiring the changes, the change of temperature, the shorter days, the longer nights.


I love being excited for it to come, wishing that the season would never end, hoping it’ll stay. Forever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personality Type: ENFP